Last Updated on August 23, 2021 by rampartsecurity
- Research the rental car company for words like scam, complaint, or review.
- Be leery if the company’s contact info is not easily available or if the ads look sketchy.
- Hover over an on-line ad to double-check the URL before you click.
- If you have concerns about the rental company, call the company and ask questions.
- Pay with a credit card if possible. Legitimate companies do not require paying with a gift card or prepaid debit card.
- Remember, if the deal sounds too good to be true, it likely is.