About False AlarmsFalse alarms are costly to everyone, but false alarms a can be prevented or greatly reduced by both residential and commercial customers by learning the most common causes of false alarms and following a few simple tips.
Common False Alarm Causes:
- Wrong keypad code
- Batteries needing replacement
- Acts of Nature
How Can You Reduce Your False Alarms:
- Have an annual inspection of your system where all devices will be cleaned and tested.
- Inform the monitoring center of new pass and arming codes, and new or removed authorized users.
- Properly train all users.
- Secure all doors and windows before turning on the system.
- Make sure all doors and windows are tight within the frame.
- Keep moving items such as fans, balloons, and drones away from motion detectors.
Get more info on alarm system beeping on our blog post.